Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wrioting: This is not a tyypo


What is wrioting?  How do you say it?  Who are you and why do ask so many questions? 

 Hi.  My name is Ted Perrone and I'm: The Wrioting Fool.  If you are a writer and are curious about wrioting, subscribe to my blog.  If you're a serial blogger and find all this somewhat tolerable, subscribe now!

Wrioting is writing gone berserk.  Composition run amok making a maelstrom of mayhem.  (Sorry, much too many ms)  I coined the term in a college writing class.  I was keeping a journal and had one of those unconscious moments of clarity during which time I made a strange entry.  Strange even for ME.  I wrote the word, "WRIOTING" , across the blue lines on the page.  I had a image of breaking through bars and barriers with this word.  It was like literarily  hurling a flaming garbage can through a plate glass window at Radio Shack.  It was a defining moment in my life as a writer... and one I recall every single time I put pen to paper.  

I'm no pioneer.  Mark Twain? Yes.  Ellen Hopkins? Yes. Edward Gorey?  Duh.  But, what I do is try to channel their genius: intellectually powerful, yet insane in their ambition to channel the whole of their character and personality so that every page drips with it uniquely.  This is a helluva tall order, but also the simplest of things when you think about it.  Write who you are.  If you don't, we'll all know it.  

Here's my challenge to all you writers.  Become a wrioter.  It's nothing I don't ask of myself.  If we all wriot, the literary world will only get better for it.  Pick up that flaming garbage can and hurl it through your own plate glass window.  C'mon now.  Don't pretend that the sound of glass shattering doesn't get you all fired up.

Oh, last thing.  Here's a quick preview of what you can expect of my blog.  

1. I won't be blogging every day. (Thank God, huh?) 

2.  I will never post musings or use that word to describe what I'm writing.  To me, this is the one of the world's most boring words...and I love words.  Please, if I ever post anything that seems like a musing, let me know IMMEDIATELY.  I will break my wireless keyboard over my head and flog myself mercilessly with a USB cord.  And then blog about it.

3. I'll likely never be profane or political.  I save my barrage of four-letter words for dinner table conversation and no-holds-barred games of Scrabble.

4. I don't have any pets, so I won't ever post cutesy-poo pictures of my cat and dog cuddling.  I have a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old who required similar housebreaking and regularly produce just as offending odors.  

5. I may blog about my kids and my life as a writer-seeking-agent-&-stay-at-home-dad-deadbeat. 

6. Right now my blog looks really plain so give me a break, I'm just getting started.  

7. If you'd like even more non-stop wittiness and read about what I had for lunch, follow me on Twitter.  I go by the name firescribe.

8. Don't expect anything specific, because I may just mix it up.  One day: A funny anecdote about running a car off the road.  Next day: BAM!  A blog in verse.  Day after that:  BAM!  Best music to write by blog.  Seriously, don't miss that, it will be awesome.  Then: BAM!  I'm not sure.  All in a day's work for a wrioter.

9. If you've read this far you have way too much time on your hands.  Come back soon!

The Wrioting Fool


No comments:

Post a Comment